Ugh, no change.
But I guess that's fine. I don't think I can get much more than 80% effaced.
The doctor couldn't tell how dilated I am because my cervix was moving around. What does that mean??? She didn't seem concerned, so I'm not either. I'm just happy that she didn't keep trying!!
I am negative for Group B Strep.
I wonder if anyone will notice if I take a nap now. It's not like I'm being productive with work!
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I was just looking back at my chart from my pregnancy with D, and I think I stayed 1-2 cm and 50% effaced for three weeks (starting around 36 weeks) and then walked around at about 4 cm and 80% for a few days when I was between 39 and 40 weeks.
I'm not trying to make you discouraged, but the doctor kept telling me "any day now - could be early" etc. so I just don't want you to get too bummed if you go full term! :) (I was induced at 40w 1d.)
You're almost there!!!
I am taking a Bradley class and they mention a research study that was done on tens of thousands of woman which indicates that the gestation of a first time mom is 41weeks 1 day on average. For consecutive mommies it's 40 weeks 3days. I'm sure by 38 weeks you are just dying to be done, but I thought maybe this info would be somewhat helpful.
I wonder if she meant your cervix is dynamic at this point? From what I understand, that means it lengthens and shortens before their eyes - which becomes more and more common near labor, I think?? Don't quote me on that, though!
I love your advice about the bf class, by the way - THANK YOU! It made me feel a lot better!
Post a Comment