Tuesday, April 6, 2010

34 Week Appointment

This appointment was quick, so I don’t have much to say today. I’ve been crazy busy at work… so that’s why I’m not commenting as often, but I am reading and supporting and thinking about you guys.

The doctor came in and measured me… 34 weeks, which is technically ok. This is the first time a doctor has something other than “right on time” so I guess it’s fine. The baby’s heart rate is still in the 130s. She told me to stop the baby aspirin at 36 weeks. I hate that idea. I don’t want to stop the baby aspirin! I’ve banked this entire pregnancy on this tiny pill and I’m afraid to stop. But I will because I always follow the rules.

My only question today was about the process when I go into labor (the lady at class last night told us to ask). The doctor gave me the last month information sheet so I could read ahead. I liked that.

The next appointment will be at 37 weeks exactly. I’ll have my Group B strep test, my first internal check and we’ll have a conversation about labor with my labor coach (or, as I like to call him, my husband). Sounds exciting!

Laura, my to-do list at the beginning of this pregnancy was insane. I got a list of classes from the hospital and I think I signed up for every single one. M grumbles about them all, but I love them! It makes me feel like I’m doing something. I got excited today when I scheduled the extra L&D tour since he won’t be able to make the last class. I can't wait to hear about your experiences!!!

2 comments:

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I have been measuring a week or so behind - I don't like it, but they said that it's absolutely fine. I'm so glad to hear that baby is doing so well!! :)

Cape Girl said...

I'm so glad everything is going so great!! Yay!!!