Wednesday, April 7, 2010

35 Weeks

The Good: I may be complaining about being awake all the time, but I don’t mind it when this little booger is awake, too. My hiccup-y baby is so cute. I feel so bad for this little thing jumping all over the place a few times a day. I don’t think s/he likes the hiccups very much. I spend the time rubbing the mass that I assume is a baby back and try to soothe it, but I might just be making it worse.

The Bad: I’m sweating all the time. Like SWEATING. My coworkers are wearing jackets. I had to go buy new shoes so I would have some sandals that don’t have high heels. That has helped, but the bottom of my feet are going to stink by the end of today. My hands and feet are getting a little puffy today. My rings went on fine, but I think I’m going to need some cold water to get them off tonight. It’s not sausage-y yet. I’ll keep an eye on this.

The Ugly: Still not sleeping. I’m so tired, so I go to bed early. All that does is mean I wake up before 4:30 in the morning. Either I’m crazy uncomfortable or too hot or my hip hurts or the baby is having a dance party. The dance party is fine, but all the rest make me nuts. I know this is only temporary… only a few more weeks and I’ll be not sleeping for a much better reason.

If you say something in the comments about this sleep “preparing me” for the baby, I’m going to reach through the screen and throw sand in your eyes.

4 comments:

LuckyOnce said...

Nope, I won't tell you that lack of sleep is preparing you. NOTHING can prepare you for that, even pulling all-nighters in college. 'nuf said. In fact, it's SO not fair that pregnant women have trouble sleeping when they're pregnant, because really, mother nature? Aren't all the other symptoms enough?
I remember loving when D used to hiccup. It was especially cute when you could feel it from the outside. :)

Ms. J said...

I wanted to fricken strangle people who made comments about my lack of sleep. So I hear ya, hon!

I feel like I check my blog buddies constantly, and yet every time I am STUNNED that you are yet another week along (it's happening so quickly!!!)

Dawn said...

Hahahaha!! I can not stand the sleep comment! I'm glad that things are going well. Only 5 more weeks!!!!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

The kicking at bedtime keeps me up, too, but I am like you - I just can't help but grin huge every time I feel it! I think it's so sweet that you try and soothe the baby when he/she has hiccups - that's adorable!

Oh, poor Cheryl! Your poor fingers and hands! I just love the puffy look, don't you? I have to admit, Jen's comment on my cankles blog got me worried - I had no clue this stuff got WORSE after a full-term birth.

Yay for only a few more weeks!!