I graduated from childbirth class! Hooray!
I don’t have much to say about the last class. We had a pediatrician come in to talk for a little while. She was nice and talked about the normal stuff. I didn’t agree with everything she said, but I liked hearing her opinion on things. My mom was with me (she’s a nurse) and she asked a few questions. She already knew the answers to the questions, but she’s also an educator… so she asked for everyone else.
Then we went on the tour, which I did with M a few weeks ago. Nothing new there. I cried when I saw a baby. My mom liked seeing everything and knowing where she had to go.
We finished the nursery on Sunday (pictures soon!) and installed the car seat. I sterilized all the breast feeding equipment. I love it! My house looks like we could have a baby in it soon!
M is away this week for his training and I’m holding the baby in. I’m emotional about not seeing him and feeling good about the baby not coming during this week. We’re almost halfway through! He’s stressed that I’m going to call him in the middle of the day and he’ll miss the birth. I told him not to worry. This trip is so strange. His old job had a lot of travel, but it was usually half-way around the world. I couldn’t talk to him for long, but we could email because he had a blackberry. This time, he’s still in the same time zone (and really close – I used to have a longer daily commute!). We talk a few times a day. Four nights isn’t really that long. Just two to go!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
My husband goes to training a few times a year and I was so afraid it would be near this time. I think he has to go not long after the baby is born though. I hate it.
Are your bags packed? Mine are packed and in the car.
Congratulations Graduate!! You must be so excited. It's so close! I'm thinking about you and hoping the baby at least waits for your husband to get home....XOXO
Praying that your husband gets home in plenty of time to get rested and settled again...before it's time to head to the hospital. Yay for all of the other preparations! Now just sit tight until he gets home. :)
I hope they gave you little baby-sized tassels for your graduation! :)
I am confident for you that M will be home in time for baby's arrival. I just have a good feeling! HUGS to you - I'm sure it's hard!
Post a Comment