M and I must be pretty special. We had a private tour of Labor and Delivery at our hospital on Saturday. The day was insane. We had painters at our house at 7:30, M had a MBA seminar in the morning, our house was torn apart for the window stuff and we had the tour scheduled for 2:30. I was already exhausted from cleaning when we got there, but I was so excited.
The woman giving the tour (Sergeant J) is the same woman who is leading our childbirth class (aka boot camp). We were the only people signed up for the afternoon tour, which was kind of nice. Except that M didn’t really like the personalized service. She started every sentence with M! This is where you will be walking when you arrive! M! Do not attempt to take any other elevators! M! Floor 3! I thought it was funny.
Highlights:
We now know where to park and what door we need to go through. M was worried about after hours, but now we know.
The walk to the elevators is longer than the walk from the parking lot to the front door. I think they do this to help with labor.
The entire hospital smells like Subway
The NICU starts renovation at the end of this month. This means I need some extra prayers that Baby will be fine.
Standard practice is to give me the baby immediately after birth, skin to skin, and to try breastfeeding. I am so happy to know this.
I will get a special lactose-free menu.
I will probably request that they completely remove the huge-ass mirror on wheels from the room. I don’t even want to look at my funky nipples right now. There is NO WAY I want to see myself split in half. I’ll wait a few extra minutes to see the baby.
When we were leaving, the nurses said, “See you soon!” and I almost cried. I cannot wait.
So, in other news, my house has all new windows and all new, freshly painted exterior trim. It looks amazing. I am so proud of our little house. Of course, with the fresh paint, parts of the outside look shabby and now we are going to get the house pressure washed, but that’s a small thing. I am so happy this is done! However – the inside is still insane. We did have the interior trim put back in, but the finish work is pretty expensive and we already burst the budget with everything else. M is caulking and painting all the interior trim by himself. I’m so lucky to be married to a man who can fix anything. The nursery window is already done! He did a great job. I spent all weekend cleaning up the construction mess. I pretended I was nesting, but washing sawdust from the bottom of the toilet doesn’t really strike me as “preparing for baby.” This week I will scrub the nursery from top to bottom and then I FINALLY get to set up the room. I will be in heaven!
Today is April 12th. I am supposed to have a baby in one month.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
1 MONTH!! Holy Cow! :)
Glad you had a good (but busy) weekend. :) When we went for our hospital tour, Mike (along with all the other dads) was most worried about where to park/leave the car if we came in and I was in active labor. Someone finally got up the gumption to ask that question and when our instructor answered, they were all super relieved to know where to park their cars. It was too funny!! Like that will be the only important thing to worry about that day. :) Men...
It all seems so real now, huh? I am so thrilled that we will know what that little Scottish gift is in 1 month!!!!!!! I am sure the L&D tour was very helpful, it is nice to feel prepared.
Glad all of those things are checked off your list.
YAY for one month!!
30 days to go. Simply amazing! Take care of yourself and I hope it doesn't feel like an eternity! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Wow one month!!! I'm so excited! I am looking forward to our L&D tour the beginning of next month.
One month left!! I just know it's going to fly by for you - that's so awesome! I hope you keep feeling well and counting down!
30 more days!! Doesn't the time just fly by?!
Glad to hear things are almost ready for baby!!
A month!!! Wow! That is so soon! I can't wait to hear all about this little one's arrival.
I'm glad your tour was so informative. I know my husband would have been shuddering from all the excessive attention as well. It sounds like it was pretty funny, though.
I was in L&D yesterday but not for a tour. It was really neat to see where I will be going in less than 4 weeks!!
Although, that poor girl who was yelling in pain in the other room scared me.
Sounds like you will be getting that nursery set up in no time!
Post a Comment