Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Childbirth Class 2

Well, we simulated labor for an hour last night. It wasn’t a bad labor, we had to put our finger in ice for the duration of each contraction and the guys had to keep track of time and rub our backs. I don’t know if we really learned anything new last night. She reviewed everything from last week. It was good for M, he likes to know what job he needs to do. He didn’t complain when we left last night. I don’t think it really prepared me for labor – when my finger went numb, I decided that the drugs were working. We do know what to do now. I’m ready to be in labor. I’m weirdly looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Ana F said...

WOW you are getting soo close!!! I cant wait!!! Congrats on almost full term!

Leda said...

I love that you just looked at it as when your finger went numb the drugs kicked in! I am just waiting for your "This is it" post!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I've never heard of putting your finger on ice! That's kind of funny!

SO happy for you - I can't wait for your little bundle of joy to arrive!! :)