Ok, I was supposed to have everything ready by today. I am a little bit behind and I am placing all the blame on home renovation projects. The nursery is set up again, but it’s not finished and cute yet. I’m not sure how to convince M that getting a bookshelf is more important than painting the interior trim in the living room… I guess I’ll have to wait on that one.
The good: Baby dreams. I have dreams a few nights a week that I have a normal, healthy newborn. This is totally crazy for me. Up until now, most of my dreams have been wacko children that are full grown or talk to me in a deep voice or whatever. I am also craving jell-o. I made a huge batch and I just leave the spoon sitting in the bowl in the fridge. It satisfies my hunger and thirst in one! It is refreshing! It is green!
The bad: The usual. Hips hurting and bad sleeping. I’m huge. I will be taking a belly picture tonight and I will do my best to actually post it.
The ugly: I think this baby wants to be born through the top of my uterus, or possibly the side. The baby is constantly pushing out. I think it is stretching and it is painful! Today isn’t so bad, but yesterday made me feel like I was getting beat up. I’m pretty sure my birth experience is going to be less like the books and more like the movies.

My new favorite blog. I hate that she stopped posting a few years ago.
The good: Baby dreams. I have dreams a few nights a week that I have a normal, healthy newborn. This is totally crazy for me. Up until now, most of my dreams have been wacko children that are full grown or talk to me in a deep voice or whatever. I am also craving jell-o. I made a huge batch and I just leave the spoon sitting in the bowl in the fridge. It satisfies my hunger and thirst in one! It is refreshing! It is green!
The bad: The usual. Hips hurting and bad sleeping. I’m huge. I will be taking a belly picture tonight and I will do my best to actually post it.
The ugly: I think this baby wants to be born through the top of my uterus, or possibly the side. The baby is constantly pushing out. I think it is stretching and it is painful! Today isn’t so bad, but yesterday made me feel like I was getting beat up. I’m pretty sure my birth experience is going to be less like the books and more like the movies.

My new favorite blog. I hate that she stopped posting a few years ago.

4 comments:
Love the pic...it really made me laugh! :)
Happy 36 Weeks!
That blog is hilarious. I have to read more.
Are you trying to say you feel like you have an alien trying to make its way out of your belly?
LOL. I know my abdomen hurts right where you described it. It is the butt poking out and then they kick all around with their knees, feet, and whatever else.
Yep, I felt the same way (as your photo). Thankfully the epidural made it a totally different experience (and my girlfirends were right - once the epidural was working you could have driven a truck up & down my vajayjay and I wouldn't have cared).
As for the nursery . . . if you're like 95% of infant moms, the baby won't be sleeping in the nursery anytime soon. Basically, it's there for the mom and her female family members to ooh and ahh over for the first few months. You'd be amazed at what gets tossed in Peanut's crib (some by us, some by her Big Sister), LOL - it's become another storage unit at present, only to be tidied up when we have guests coming!
I saw the photo first in my Blogger Dashboard, and went, "What in the world is that?!?" I love it, though!
I can't believe it's less than 4 weeks!
Post a Comment