The good: The kid is doing great. Lots of movement! I feel like my stomach is one of those massage chairs. If you have any back pain, just lean against my right side and a foot will give you a deep tissue massage.
The bad: I don’t like riding in cars now. Anything more than 15 minutes is terrible. Bumpy roads make me want to cry. The baby HATES seatbelts, so I kind of hold the lab belt out from the bottom of my belly the whole time.
The ugly: I’m angry a lot. I’m still happy, but my fuse is shorter than normal and I’m more likely to say the mean sarcastic comments that I’m thinking. Sorry about that, everyone I know (sort of).
Today is my 37 week appointment. I’ll get my first internal check and the Group B strep test. I’m not excited about either of those, but I do want to know if we have any progress. I’m hoping for something. M hopes the baby will be late.
My MIL called M last night while we were at Ikea (hooray!). She called our house at 7 pm, M’s cell at 8, and again at 9. By the time he answered the last call, she was FREAKING OUT. She thought I was in labor and we hadn’t called them. This makes me want to not call them when I go into labor.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I hear you about the car trips. OMG. I have an hour drive to see my OB one way. On the way home my back starts spasming.
Good luck with the strep B test. I had it with my first but negative this time around.
Where's the pause button? Have we really gotten this far?
I'm in denial today! haha
The last 6 weeks of my pregnancy . . . the car was FREAKIN' TORTURE for me! Peanut would stretch out from fingertips to toes and I swear it felt like I had a spear going through me from my ribs down to my vajayjay! And a bump in the road?! Pity whomever else was in the car as I would cry or scream or rant!
As for the inlaws . . . then don't call them when you go into labor. Tell them after you give birth. If they complain, say you weren't gettin' cell reception, it happened so fast, the hospital has a strict policy against it, yadda yadda. And then hubby that since it's HIS parents he gets to deal with them on this issue.
It seems like just yesterday you were 14 weeks along, seriously!
Sign me up! If I could be there for that deep tissue massage today, I would. :)
I'm the same way with the anger/sarcasm thing. I really, really have to watch my mouth! It's unexplainable and crazy...
I just had a conversation with Mike about when to call the inlaws when our time comes. Your MIL sounds a lot like mine with phone calls...if she doesn't get an answer when she calls one phone, she'll continue calling our cells, then back to the house and around again until someone answers or calls her back. ANNOYING. And she'd not even concerned about me bing in labor...she just wants it her way.
I like what Ms. J said...just wait til you deliver. It's not like they're going to do themselves any good hanging out in the waiting room...
Hope your doc's visit goes well! Hugs to you! :)
Holy cow, you JUST posted the 36 week update, didn't you?? :) That's awesome, Cheryl!
Ugh, we do an internal exam every other week, and I'm not going to lie - they could be a lot more fun. I'll be thinking of you - you'll have to let us know if you're dilated at all! (So, I guess that reads, "Please tell us all about your girl parts and their length/width!") ;)
Oh man... that sounds like my MIL. I think hubby needs to lay the smack down with his mom before you go into labor and tell her that she is NOT allowed to freak out until you call and expressly authorize a freakout. YOU are the star of this show, not her.
Post a Comment