Last night’s childbirth class was much calmer than the one we had last week. We just sat in the chairs and listened and watched videos. We learned all about epidurals and c-sections and all the other gory things.
We watched a video that showed a birth with narcotic medication, a birth with an epidural and a c-section. They were not gory or graphic (thank goodness). I cried every time the baby came out. I might have thrown up a little in my mouth when I got to watch a model of a c-section. But anyway, I was kind of embarrassed about my crying. M did not cry. I am going to be a mess when this baby gets here. Those little slimy, wrinkly babies! I’m crying a little now!
In other news, I had a good night of sleep last night. I think my exhaustion finally caught up with me. I’ve given up on my alarm clock and just get up close to when I am supposed to. I’d rather get 30 minutes of sleep than be on time for work. I’m so lucky that I don’t have set hours that I need to be at work. Whew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I actually slept very well last night too!! But, I woke up with a sorethroat and a stuffy nose and a cough again except worse. Ugg.
I can't watch birth stories or anything about them because I cry everytime a baby is born, lol. I had to pry myself away.
22 days to go?! Dang! I hope that was the last class you need or close to it! Can't wait to see baby make its appearance. :)
I cried when the babies were born in our Bradley class birth videos also!!
When do you start getting internal checks?? My Dr. didn't start until 38 weeks but two of my friends got checked starting at 36 weeks.
I love that you cried each time! I haven't been able to get to a childbirth class yet due to the restrictions, but I know I'll bawl, too!
I am SO glad you got some sleep - your body needs it!
Post a Comment