I’m progressing! Hooray!
1-2 centimeters dilated! 80% effaced! Baby has definitely dropped!
Ok, so here is my experience with the Group B strep and the internal check. I was so afraid that these things were going to be painful and terrible. I was sweating like crazy. I told M that this was going to be bad.
The Group B test was about 2 seconds. She stuck the swab up there and then just barely skimmed the outside of my butt. Nothing went up that one. I actually laughed a little and told her that was nothing like I was prepared for. Whew! Do not be afraid of the Group B test!
The internal check was a little more involved. She said the baby’s head was in the way so she had trouble reaching my cervix. It was less uncomfortable than a pap smear. So I don’t want one every day, but also it is no reason to panic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
*giggle* the strep test isn't fun but not really painful.
Yeay on being dilated. I wonder when I am going to be checked again. I have been having cramps and tightening. Who knows...
Hooray for a full term baby and dilation progress! He or she may even be able to meet you in time for mother's day! :)
Ooooh, I was also 2 cm dilated at 80% effaced at 37 weeks and Will came just 10 days later. . . so fingers crossed!
I also thought the Group B was no big deal. I only got the swap of your vagina, though.
Internal was a bit intense but nothing horrible. Since my cervix was still posterior I was told by my Dr. this makes it more uncomfortable but that was my first internal so I wouldn't know the difference anyways!
I should have read this before leaving my other comment! I'm so glad that you had such a great visit, and such good results! Yay, dilation!
I just have this feeling you're having a little boy. I don't know why.
Hey, I told you that was all the GBS test was! They never listen... ;) lol
I'm glad that both of your checks were less bad than you were anticipating, and so excited that you're progressing!
YAY for progress!! :)
And thanks for the heads up about the tests and exam. I'm up for tht next!
yeah, I was so NOT a fan of the internal check either. And do you know how often we get to have those while in labor? Like. All.The.TIme.
So excited for your full term baby! You're next on my list after I get these two little ones out!
Gabby of Adventures in Glass
gabbyandcarlos.blogspot.com
Post a Comment