Monday, March 8, 2010

30 week apointment

I had my 30 week appointment today and all is well. It took a minute or two to catch the heartbeat, but I could hear it for a second before it moved. Plus, the baby had been kicking me during the wait for the doctor. That makes the heartbeat search so much easier!

The specifics:

The baby’s heart rate is in the 130s, same as last time.

I am only slightly anemic – the number is 34. Here is an article my mom sent me about the levels. I still don’t really understand it, but it’s not very bad.

The doctor was impressed that I found a place for cord blood donation. Every time I’ve asked them for donation information, they gave me a card for Viacord. In my research, I realized it was because Maryland doesn’t have any local donation facilities. The best I can do is the online place. She wants more information about the bank and hopefully this will work out and more moms will be able to donate. As for their office, no one is sure what the office will do about fees. I will call and find out what the fees are for normal banking so I won’t get surprised. Then I’ll ask what they would do for a donation – most websites say that the collection should be free if you donate the cord blood. I don’t mind paying a small fee, but I’m not going to be charged more than $100 for a good deed.

In other news, I had my office baby shower on Friday (background here).

{Drama Removed}

So, right, the shower itself was very nice. I am blessed to have generous coworkers who contributed to get me a lot of great gifts! I couldn’t believe it! We had lots of great food (ordered in as our normal 1st Friday lunch) and lots of desserts! I love desserts. A coworker’s wife made a cake for me with frogs on it. Very cute ad yummy. Another coworker brought in the cutest cupcakes I have ever seen. The conference room was decorated so nicely!!! If I get pictures of these things, I’ll post them. M was there to celebrate and that was nice (and having him there made it better to talk about it afterwards). Most of the men in my office (that means most of the people in my office) have never been to a baby shower before. Only 2-3 even have young kids. The look on my boss’s face when I opened the boppy pillow was priceless. He had NO idea what that was for. And I wasn’t going to tell him.

{More drama removed}

8 comments:

Kelli said...

Can you imagine the fit he would have thrown if someone had brought in the same gift he did? ;p What drama!

I'm glad that it went better than expected and that it wasn't a total train wreck (excluding the brownies, of course). And it's wonderful that your co-workers got such great things for your little one. :)

Happy 30 Weeks!

Oh, and thanks for the comment about the hiccups...maybe I won't be so clueless anymore. ;)

Alyssa said...

This guy is absolutely insane! Everything you've ever said about him makes it very clear that he should probably be in a halfway house. Jeeze!

Leda said...

What a loon. I love your stroies about him when you are not stressed by them. I am glad the shower was nice, sorry about the aftermath. Todd said something this morning that I think is fitting "It's not the needle that sucks, it's ripping off the tape that sucks."

Erin said...

LOL, I was just thinking of "The Office" while reading your post. It sounds like you have some pretty "challenged" co-workers!!

Well glad you did enjoy yourself for the most part and got some nice things!

Wendy said...

oh man that co-worker of yours has major issues. Good thing you don't have to deal with him during your mat leave?

Happy 30 weeks!!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I don't want to get into the whole gender thing, but isn't this guy just WAY too emotional for the average male?? That's so weird - and needy. Who sends 8 e-mail messages pouting about a party they volunteered to throw? And what's so freaking special about his brownies? Were they filled with gold? Holy cow. Talk about ruining a good time.

LuckyOnce said...

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

OMG, I can't believe him. To tell you the truth, (and I mean this in the nicest way possible, and not AT ALL in an offensive way) but he honestly sounds like a queen... I'm shocked that he has a wife and not a husband...

Cape Girl said...

This guy is totally crazy! But hysterical...I liked the alcohol question. Too funny! I hope he continues to amuse and doesn't stress you out. XOXO