I just got back from my appointment. Everything went well. I could hear another baby's heartbeat through the walls. It brought back some bad memories, but I knew today's appointment would go well and that I'd hear something similar in just a few minutes.
And I did. The heart rate is steady in the 130s. I am measuring right on time.
I asked two questions today:
Q. What is the crazy soreness that I have every morning right in the top center of my stomach (directly below my ribs)?
A. It is my muscles splitting open! Awesome! It's a type of hernia that I would never be able to remember and she said it can cause severe pain down the road. It doesn't get bad for everyone, but it seems like I might be one that will have it. I can't wait for that. As of now, I have this painful spot every morning when I wake up. It usually goes away within an hour. I wouldn't call it severe... it just feels like a bruise.
There is also the slight possibility that it is the baby pushing up in one spot too much, but since it happens all the time... probably not.
Um, also, do not look up HERNIA online. I just wanted to see if I could find the correct term. No luck. I feel sick now.
Q. What is the position of the baby?
A. "He is head down. Did I just say he? I don't know why I said that?" Then she started flipping through my file. I am actually pretty excited about this. I have no idea if they write it in the file. And the way she flipped through made me think that she didn't even know if that was what she had read. I have such strong girl feelings about this baby. I would be SO surprised if there's a boy in there. But now I have a good reason to wonder again! She also noted that the head down thing is just a RIGHT NOW thing. It could change any minute. I am goign to ask at every appointment now that I know they can tell. It's kind of neat. Now I know that is a little butt that is sticking into my ribs.
I realized that I should only have 5 more appointments. I love countdowns!
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Is it an umbilical hernia? When your abdominal wall tears? They can be very painful if it gets big and might need repairing in the future. I hope that isn't the case for you.
My OB told me mine was head down and then a week later it was confirmed on u/s that he was breech. The MFM doctor said it is hard to tell whether it is a butt or a head. I wish I could tell!! I wish I knew for sure if V flips up and down or what is going on. I swear the other day I felt him in my side. LOL. I wish he would get head down and stay there!! He is going to give me gray hair.
Overall it sounds like you had a good appointment!!
It sounds like a great appointment. I hope the hernia thing doesn't get any worse or cause any problems in the future. I love countdowns, too. Yay!
ugh you had me gagging at the muscle splitting sentence --- poor you! is this common amongst pregnant women? Countdown whooo!
Oh, that sounds awful, hon - I hope the hernia heals itself and doesn't get worse.
I love countdowns too! I can't believe it's 32 weeks already! Sorry to hear about the hernia. I hope it doesn't get worse.
Ouch! sorry to hear about the hernia. i have my appt this Friday and can't wait to hear what position she is in.
And the countdown continues for us both!
Boo...nasty ol' hernia! Hope that it doesn't get any worse.
I love countdowns, too...it's getting so close!
Happy to hear everything is going well :) I Hope that sore spot doesn't get any worse.
I've been behind in reading and just read your last few posts. Yay for talking to your boss about your weirdo coworker. Hopefully the desk-moving will improve the situation!
Post a Comment