Week 31… 9 weeks to go. That is single digits. I can do this!
The good: M could feel a baby butt (or head? Or elbow?) last night and he was amazed. I usually push the butt (in my mind, everything is a butt) back in when it sticks out like that because it hurts a little. But this time, M was right there and I had him touch it. We’re having his brother come over on Friday evening and I hope this little one will be active for his/her uncle!
The bad: M told me that he thinks pregnancy is just a bunch of peeing, farting and burping. I am having a hard time getting out of comfy couches. I leave things on the floor a lot. I just drop everything and I cannot bend over AGAIN to get it. So it stays on the floor until I drop something else nearby. Then I will get both. I believe that my husband should be picking these things up, but I don’t think he sees messes. In his defense: he emptied the bottom rack of the dishwasher so I wouldn’t have to bend over.
The ugly: My butt. Really. I do understand and embrace the idea of gaining weight during pregnancy, I can’t stress that enough… butt… butt… but my maternity pants are getting pretty tight on my butt and thighs. I’m storing up all that fat for nursing, I guess. I’m thankful that I’m not all huge and puffy and that my face still looks normal. I am getting comments about being “so small!” and all that, so I don’t really think I should complain. Butt. I am getting a big butt.
Just to say it a few more times. Butt Butt Butt Butt!
I forgot to talk about my awesome weekend! We went to the beach to see my parents, my brother, SIL and niece (age 4). We had a wonderful time. I kept looking around the house and trying to imagine having a baby with us the next time we are there. My parents decided to buy this house in May. They told me about it on May 16th and we lost the baby on May 18th. So it did hurt to think that I was supposed to have this first visit with a 4 month old. I thought about him a lot this weekend and how I’ll keep thinking about him with everything I do with this baby. It wasn’t all gloominess all the time, though! My niece kept talking to me about the baby. She wants to push the baby on a swing. She wants to feed the baby. She does not want to change the baby’s poopy diapers. She wants me to go to the hospital tonight and get the baby out for her. She asked M why I was having a baby. She did not believe that this baby will be his, too.
In work news:
{Drama Removed}
TMI question: My nipples are getting funny. Like they remind me of scabs that are flaking off. I don't like touching them or anything and this morning a little piece fell off and it was very weird feeling. Is this "cracked, dry nipples?" Should I be getting nipple cream now? If I were a baby, I wouldn't want to get my dinner from these gross looking nipples.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
My nipples are dry and flaky too (I'm three weeks behind you)...I'm wondering the same thing!
I have the same problem with my comfy couches!! Still comfy....if I want to permenately stay there. I can barely get off! lol
And my butt and thighs have also been growing. Last night was the first sign of cankles!!! It's gone again this morning though.
Sorry not sure what to tell you about the nips. Mine leak so much that probably keeps them lubed! ;-)
I have the nipple issue, too. I've been using this stuff: http://www.sheaessentials.com/products/Liquid-Gold-.html
And I love it! It's not specifically for nipples but it's all natural and moisturizes well.
I look forward to these updates every week! I don't really remember much about my pregnant nipples because it was like 7 years ago. I do know that I have always been a lotion the whole body kind of person if you catch my drift, so maybe they never got dry.
PS. I think you are due for more belly shots!
I am having such a hard time bending over too. And just going to the store for an hour wears me out!!! *Pout*
Don't use soap on your nipples at this point, just water. You could start using Lanolin to help condition them.
Happy 31 weeks!
My husband totally doesn't see messes either. What is up with that? haha
Happy 31 Weeks! How...you're getting SO close! :)
I keep saying if my butt gets any wider, we're going to have to register it at the DMV and get it a license plate because it is surely not part of MY body anymore!
Single digits!! I'm so excited for you - you have to be getting so excited! My husband is the exact same way about messes - I think it's selective vision. :) I'm so glad you're doing so well!
Post a Comment