I had a wonderful weekend!
I’d like to mention quickly that I went to see Stomp on Friday night. It was awesome. The baby was kicking and moving all over the place for the entire show. Then he/she stayed awake all night practicing the moves. That was fun, too.
My shower was on Saturday afternoon. I had such a wonderful time. We got there early so I could greet everyone as they came in. M stayed for a while, too. He was afraid to stay for the presents (he went to an auto parts store with his dad instead). We had lunch and then I opened all the gifts. Wow! We had to ask some family members to take some things home for us. We are pretty well prepared for a baby now! We have all the big stuff and most of the small stuff. We have a gift card from a furniture promotion that we need to use by the end of the month. We figured we’d go there and get a big thing with it… I think we’ll just be getting some diapers and wipes instead. I am so grateful that my family and friends are so awesome!
I cried a lot during the shower. M’s grandmother spent her winter making little blankets and sweaters and booties and hats. They are all so small and cute! I cried!
Then my mom gave me a sweater that my grandmother had made. She was a huge knitter. She would knit all day and make all these little sweaters. She would give them to anyone who was pregnant and all the rest went to the local hospital. I had been hoping there was a sweater for me somewhere… I was so happy when I opened that box. And I cried SO much. I’m still crying now. I cry whenever I look at it or tell someone about it.
Then M’s mom gave me an outfit that M’s great-grandmother had made for him. I can’t even imagine that. My baby will have something from their great-great grandmother. That is something amazing. I hope she has a picture of M in the sweater. I was giggling a little when I opened this one because I kept picturing M in this little green sweater with ribbons all through it. He must have been so cute!
My mom got us a glider. I was so excited about this sucker! The baby loves it when I sit in those things and I knew that I would be glued to it as soon as we could get it in the house. My Father-in-law sat in it while they were waiting for me to arrive. It broke. It wasn’t his fault – he’s not a huge guy or anything. And my mom was actually kind of grateful that it broke when he sat in it instead of me – or later when I was holding the baby. We returned it on Sunday morning and I hope the new one will come in before the end of this week. For those keeping track – that is 2 out of 3 furniture items that were damaged. Neat!
I was exhausted after the party. I got home and just watched Harry Potter movies all evening. I went through all the gifts on Sunday with M. He liked the toys and clothes. He didn’t really care about the rest. We decided we need a lot more storage! We are going to get a bookshelf and a storage shelf for the closet this week. Then I should be able to start putting everything into the room. It’s going to be so cute!
Then the baby barely moved all day on Sunday. It wasn’t like no movement, but just not as much as I am used to. So I was nervous all day. This morning has been nutso, though. The poor kid hates when I type, so I think I’ll end here for now.
I have an appointment at 1 pm. I’m going to ask if they can tell what position the baby is in. M is pretty busy at work, but he’s still coming to all the appointments. I read somewhere that I get a test for an infection that is done rectally at some point. M said he doesn’t want to miss that one. He’s such a lovely man.
Oh, and here’s something awesome. Almost everyone at work is sick. I hear sniffles all day long. People are staying away from me and I’m washing my hands and all that stuff. But I’m pretty sure I’m going to get really cranky really soon.
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I love baby showers! I am still so happy that you have so many things that are meaningful for this sweet baby!
So glad you had a great time!
Sounds like an awesome shower. I would have cried too!!
I think the test you're talking about is for Strep B. I don't want to get too graphic, but if that's the one you're talking about, I think I remember that the test is just a quick swab around the outside in that general vicinity. Your husband may have to wait for something else to get excited about. ;) (Who knows, maybe you can talk your doctor into a colonoscopy after you give birth or something. Here's to hoping...)
Yeay on the shower!! Sounds like you got a lot of great stuff! Mine is next weekend and I can't wait.
Wow, I didn't know the strep B test was rectally. Ugg. My OB always does a rectal exam whenever he examins me. I really hate that!
I'm so very, very glad that you had such a wonderful shower - I'm so glad it was a good, beautiful experience!! You so deserve that!
M made me laugh - I had to have a suppository to stop nausea when I was in labor with Maddie, and my husband's eyes got huge. Men. :)
I think you were watching those Harry Potter movies on ABC Family? :) I only know because I was doing the same thing!
Hugs to you!
Ughhhhhhhh! That stinks about your glider. Mine works great but the ottoman that comes with it was missing a part so I have to wait another 2-3 weeks for that. SO pissed!!
Sounds like your shower was awesome! So glad to hear!!
Post a Comment