Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The not-so-exciting shower

I have a work shower coming up. Soon. Like Friday soon.

{drama removed}

For the record, I don’t have any of these fears about my real shower, where I will be surrounded by women that I really like and will be a great time.

7 comments:

Ms. J said...

Gawd, he really is the co-worker from hell?! I wish I had something to tell you. Will your husband be there? If not, make sure he is, so he can run interference and speak up or put the kibosh on things/moments if need be.

My only other solution for you is not a good one (and please understand this is in COMPLETE JEST . . . ) . . . do what I did last week - go into labor the day before your shower, and thus make your husband's and baby's godfather attend in your place ;o)

Erin said...

There is nothing worse than a clingy person who wants to hang out all the time or make plans all the time. Ugg.

Hopefully it won't be too bad. Just thank them nicely and be on your way ;)

Alyssa said...

Ugh! Hopefully it will be quick and painless. I would not be looking forward to it, either, but maybe you'll get some cool stuff!

Kelli said...

Hmmmmm...I wish I had something constructive to say about this. I think he's overstepping his boundaries but it's a little too late to do anything about it at this juncture.

I think Ms.J has the right idea...let your hubs run interference with weird guy and try to enjoy the rest of it as much as you can (and as quickly as you can). I'm sure the others in your office are genuinely happy to share in this with you, as well...they're just not as odd as weird guy is about it. :)

I do feel your pain, though...I have a shower like this coming up but it's with my hub's family. My MIL is quite backward (to put it kindly) and has very few social skills to speak of, so being with her, especially in a more public situation, is a huge trial. We always, always, always end up with super embarrassing moments...mostly where she is putting her foot in her mouth. Gee...something fun to look forward to. ;p

Hang in there. :) Looking forward to seeing the cool stuff you'll get...and how often your hubs has to bash weird guy's head in. ;) Hugs!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

So... incredibly... awkward. And what is so hard about it is that this is something that should be your choice, your celebration - and all on your wishes. I hope that it goes better than it sounds like this guy has a history of making things - hopefully having M there will make things a little less awkward. Maybe he can say something joking if it gets too weird, to take the pressure off of you. :)

jill said...

Yikes! I hope it goes much better and much smoother than you think it will. I agree, it would be hard to refuse this. If I were you, I'd try hard to just enjoy the shower and then continue to keep this coworker at arm's length. Wishing you lots of luck!

LuckyOnce said...

That's no good. Hopefully you'll be able to walk the line between "grateful enough" and "too grateful" so psycho guy won't get the wrong idea. Ugh.