Friday, March 26, 2010

CPR Certified

We took our CPR class last night. I expected it to be filled with, I don’t know, teacher type people. But it wasn’t. It was about 90% pregnant couples. It was CPR for all people, not just infants (but that was obviously what most of us wanted). I took out my aggression (bad day at work) on poor Annie and I am SORE today. No one tells you that CPR class is actually a workout. My wrist is aching, my butt is sore (can I talk about butts any more here?). I’m like an old person!

And I think I’m pretty well off. M was amazed looking around at all the pregnant girls. Everyone asked everyone else how far along they were. Most people were about 30 weeks. One girl was 2 days ahead of me. I was one of the smallest girls there. M told me I was lucky, and he’s right. Some of the girls at 30 weeks were carrying so low – they had to do the CPR with the mannequins on the table.

So now I can help someone who collapses. I know what to do if my baby starts choking, I know what to do if my baby is unresponsive. I hope I don’t ever have to use this stuff.

4 comments:

Jill said...

No kidding - I hope you never have to use it too! But now that you know it, you won't need it. I have my infant CPR class scheduled for April.

Erin said...

That is so useful to have!! I want to take one so bad myself.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I tried to fit these classes in before the cerclage, but didn't make it due to weather. I'm hoping to get in if I get off of house arrest here - I'm so glad you were able to have such a good experience, and hope that you never have to use it, either!

Laura said...

Good for you! I was certified years ago...but the certification (and unfortunately, most of my memory of the training) has long since expired. You've inspired me, yet again. :)