I was so nervous. M woke up to me crying this morning and we were almost silent while we got ready for the appointment. We didn't talk about our afternoon plans. We didn't talk about what would happen today at all.
I love being the first appointment of the day. We got in quickly and I was covered in goo within a few minutes of getting there. The first thing we saw was the great (4-chambered!) heart with a heart rate of 148. Everything we needed to see was there. The baby was moving it's hands and feet all over the place. The tech couldn't get pictures of one hand because it was behind the baby's head. M has the "tough" picture with the baby looking right at the camera with the hand behind the head giving everyone the finger.
During the measurements, the baby flipped from face up to face down. When the doctor came in to do a final look, the baby had flipped so the profile was in the other direction. We've got an active one! We were told to look away when she checked the gender. I didn't see any of the girl parts or boy parts that people usually have in those pictures and they never said he or she. I'm very happy about that!
We do have a small spot on the baby's heart. This is one of the markers for Downs Syndrome, but with all my other tests, the risk is still 1/5000. I'm not even going to worry about that.
Here is my favorite picture. I'm in love. 


10 comments:
Simply wonderful :)
GORGEOUS!!!!!
Been stalking you this a.m. so its good to finally read this ;o)
Yay! I'm so glad that everything went well! Beautiful picture!
Yay! So glad everything went great and your little one is getting big and strong.
WOOT! So happy for you and M...happy happy joy joy!
What a great day!
Aww, just adorable! I have hear your happiness in your writing. Big-time congrats!
So happy for you!
S/he is adorable! I can see why you're in love :)
Great news!!
What a sweet, beautiful little baby! I'm so glad the scan went so well - I am just so happy for you! :) Hugs and hugs and hugs!
Yayyy!! I knew this scan would be great for you. Love the pic. Can't wait to see if it's a he or she!! I don't know how you can do it!
Post a Comment