I love ESPN and their football shows. I love the tear-jerking profile stories. It's kind of a joke between M and I. I'll stop whatever I'm doing to watch the profile stories and then I'll cry. Every single time. He won't admit it, but M has teared up during a few of them, too.
So today I was getting some dinner ready for the crock pot when the profile story came on. It was about Demarcus Ware. As soon as they started talking about his wife's pregnancy, I knew what was coming.
I don't have the video for the ESPN profile, but I'll look for it and post it later on.
Here is the story from the NY Times in 2008.
Demarcus Ware and his wife Taniqua lost three pregnancies before adopting their little girl, Marley.
My heart aches for them, but I'm so happy they've found happiness.
I have a new favorite NFL player (even if he does play for the Cowboys). And thank you, ESPN, for bringing the subject out to more people.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My husband and I were watching that, too. It was so sweet, and so very familiar and sad. I'm also not a Cowboys fan, but I'm now a Demarcus Ware fan.
Post a Comment