Friday, December 11, 2009

Boring clothes and LFCA love

I don’t have much to say today. I’m in one of those days where I’ve decided something is wrong. I felt movement yesterday evening so I’m pretty sure I’m just being crazy. You know you’ve hit a new level of craziness when you can pinpoint irrational thoughts as they happen. I guess I’m getting used to this new reality.

I was going to wear a real maternity shirt today. My MIL got it for me for Mother’s day (which is sad) and I finally got to a point where it didn’t look stupid (which is good). But the shirt was for springtime and it’s 34 degrees today so I had to switch to a regular sweater (which is boring) that shows quite a little belly* (which is exciting). I’ll be wearing a maternity dress to my office Christmas party tonight with hopes that I’ll be a glowing pregnant woman. M told me he thinks I got bigger yesterday.

My ex boyfriend from college posted an ultrasound picture for his second child today of Facebook. I still got jealous. The picture is a 10-week ultrasound (my favorite week by the way – I love the little teddy bears). I still can’t begin to imagine how anyone can assume all is well at 10 weeks. But I congratulated him and sent some prayers that they won’t have to go through any pain. Then I briefly let myself think about my own outing on Facebook. I think I could do it after the anatomy scan. I’m still afraid, but pretty much everyone that I care about already knows. And, of course, all of Facebook knows what happened the first time.

Side note – the only family member who doesn’t know about this pregnancy is my Father. His reaction to my miscarriage kind of brought me down, so I didn’t want to tell him early on. We’re not that close, so it’s more like telling a distant uncle. I’ll tell him after the anatomy scan but before I post on Facebook. Is it bad to tell him over email?

Today everyone is submitting comments about what LFCA means to them. Since I wouldn’t know any of you without it, I’d say it means friendship to me. So thank you for being my friends!

* I accidently wrote butt instead of belly and that made me laugh.

5 comments:

jill said...

Three cheers for a maternity dress! :)

(FB is evil - it's where I learned that my exhusband was soon to have his second child earlier this year. But, I continue to torture myself.)

I laughed at your butt typo too! haha

Dawn said...

Irrational thought seem to be the norm for us ladies. Also, my hubby's sister is pregnant and posted on FB yesterday that she is 7 weeks and due the end of July, and I was irate. I love her dearly and am actually thrilled about getting to be pregnant with her, but so envious that she gets to announce it like that with no cares in the world. Must be nice.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I'm also glad it covers your butt! :)

I think the irrational think is absolutely normal. I just got a flu vaccine (got the H1N1 about four weeks ago), and have just spent the last half hour worrying. I know it doesn't make you feel better about everything, but hopefully it makes you feel not alone.

HUGS!

Erin said...

I never posted anything about my pregnancy on FB. I always hated it when other people did.

Hehe, I know all about all those irrational fears. One minute I am sure everything is fine, then one minute I'm scared.

Michele said...

I dont think it is bad to tell your dad over email. Email is just another form of communication. It would be bad if someone else told him over email, LOL!

I'm sure you look great!!!