Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday

After all my complaining about no one congratulating us on this pregnancy, I got some Christmas cards over the weekend with little notes of excitement in them. That’s something, so I’ll take it!

One of the cards was from M’s Great Aunt J. Aunt J is a nun from Boston who is somewhere around 80 years old. If you know any nuns in their 80s, then you know that they tend to be amazing people. She sent me a prayer card for St. Gerard, the patron saint of expectant mothers. She wrote in her note how she was praying for us and all sorts of stuff that had me sobbing like a fool. She even enclosed a tissue for my tears. A few hours later, I was showing M’s mom the prayer card when a little medal fell out of the tissue. Turns out she wasn’t trying to make me cry!! I keep this with me now whenever I’m awake. If I’m wearing a low-cut shirt (which is all the time), I keep it in my pocket.


**********

{Removed some complaining}


Another coworker brought in cornbread and came over to let me know as soon as she got here. She is concerned that I’m not big enough and wants me to eat all I can. I think I’m in love with her.

**********

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I guess 30 isn’t so bad. Here are some pictures of my birthday snow!

I don't think we'll be eating outside this week
M's Car

7 comments:

jill said...

Whoa, that's a lot of snow! The few inches we had have all melted now.

I'd talk face to face with that coworker and let him know how you feel. That sounds like a very awkward situation :/

LuckyOnce said...

You almost had me reaching for a tissue after your nun from Boston story... I'm glad that more people are feeling free to congratulate you and that you're feeling more positive about it. Hope your crazy co-worker gets a grip. :)

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I'm so glad that you, M, and the little one are receiving all the love you deserve! :)

Michele said...

Perhaps you should say to the coworker "Dude I am PREGNANT not pissed off. I will totally let you know (probably without tact) if/when you tick me off."

And GOd bless people who want you to eat.... Mmmm....

Leda said...

How sweet of his aunt. That is just beautiful!
PS - We need another belly pic!

Dawn said...

What a nice gift! I take it you are on the east coast somewhere with that snow. We got 22 inches here on Long Island!!!

Erin said...

WOW that is a lot of snow! We got maybe an inch if that.

That is so sweet of her to send you a St. Gerard medallion! Aww.

I totally agree with the "Dude I'm pregnant not pissed off."