Tuesday, November 3, 2009

12 Weeks (or 13 weeks?)

Today I am 12 weeks, 1 day. Or 13 weeks, 2 days. I think I’m going to stick with the old dates for a while. I’ll talk to my doctor next week and see what she thinks. So here is my 12 week status report:

My symptoms are the same as last week. I get a little tiny bit nauseous in the morning before breakfast and then a little tiny bit after I eat. Then I’m fine. My boobs are hurting less. Every once in a while, they’ll hurt so bad I could cry, but that seems to coincide with the husband having grabby hands…

My button up shirts are not fitting anymore. This is not because of my belly. I have to safety pin my shirts closed because they are straining around my chest. It’s not like I’m new to this. I can only wear shirts from NY&Co because they are the only ones that stretch enough to cover them normally. Now those aren’t doing the job anymore. At least colder weather is coming, so these shirts aren’t going to be practical much longer anyway. I can’t wait to get to sweaters.

I’m hairbanding all my pants now. I’m not quite ready to go to the bella band yet, but I’ve got 2 under my bed. It’s hard to pee with those things, and I’m peeing a lot. I guess the hairbands are a hassle, too. It might be time to take a belly picture.

I’m falling asleep before 9 pm every night and I’m uncomfortable when I sleep. I don’t want M to touch me at night, and I’m normally a huge cuddler. I tuck a bear* under my stomach and I’m happy.

I just got an appointment for my h1n1 vaccine. I know there is a lot of debate about it, but my mom is a nurse in a large health care system and is on committees about pandemic flues. She told me to get the shot, so I'm getting the shot. Also, my mother in law sends me emails every day about getting the shot and washing my hands. That is getting old.

*I’ve had this bear since I was 8 years old and it is a little taller than my friend’s 20 month old daughter. I love this bear.

3 comments:

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I love the idea of putting a bear under your stomach! Please post the pics of your belly when you take them - if you feel comfortable!

Here's hoping for more morning sickness - that seems so funny to say!

Ms. J said...

I love reading about your symptoms!

And yes, we need a photo of "belly bear" (and the belly resting upon it!)

good enough said...

FWIW, two of my kids had the H1N1 vaccine and neither had even a whisper of a side effect.