I got my h1n1 shot. It took 5 minutes. A little girl watched them stick the needle in my arm. I watched her watching me. Her eyes got all round and huge. I think that made it hurt me a little more. I came right back to work and handed over the paperwork to my boss. We do some work for a giant hospital that is now requiring all of their contractors to have the flu shots. This may be the only time in the history of the world that pregnancy has been an asset to an employer. I just hope they realize that I’m not carrying ladders all over the place.
M has to go into the CF doctor again tomorrow. They have 95% of his gene sequenced (and still no sign of being a carrier! Hooray!!). They can’t get the rest from his cheek swab, so we’ll go in right after lunch tomorrow when his blood sugar is nice and high. I’ll have some more blood drawn, too.
Anyway, the good feeling I had from the ultrasound on Monday is gone. It lasted way longer than I thought! I got all the way to Wednesday night before I started getting nervous again. I’m still torn about the Doppler thing. M vetoed the idea as soon as it came out of my mouth. “No. Way. That is not going to help you calm down.” Only 7 days and 2 hours until my next appointment!
The big news today is AKD having her FET today. Send her love!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yikes - I tried to get the H1N1 shot a couple of weeks ago, but our county was all out. I can't imagine it was a ton of fun - especially when the shots are in the arm (which I'm assuming they were).
Good luck to M on the rest of the tests! My husband is terrified of needles - hopefully M is more used to them!
You are just amazing - thank you so much for the good wishes. :) I'm getting a little impatient - leaving here in a little over an hour, but it's taking forever!
HUGS!
Post a Comment