Monday, November 2, 2009

NT Scan Results

Everything looks wonderful. Thank you so much for your prayers and support!

Here are the details: I told the tech about the miscarriages and she was great. She was kind and asked all the right questions. I felt like hugging her. She looked for the heart beat right away and I couldn’t really see it, but she let us hear it. It was at about 176 right then. I think it might have been high because my own heart rate was out of control. Then she checked all over. The baby is perfect. We saw both hemispheres of the brain, a bladder, spinal cord, fingers, toes and long legs. The baby opened and closed its mouth a few times.

M couldn’t take his eyes of the screen. He held my hand the whole time but I think he forgot I was in the room.

Later on in the scan, the baby’s heart rate went down to 158 and steady, which is wonderful. She was happy to see that. Then we talked about my dates. The baby measured 13 weeks, 1 day. That was from several measurements at several angles. I am supposed to be 12 weeks, 0 days. I’m not surprised that we were off – if everything had been right on time, we wouldn’t have this baby!

My due date has been changed to May 9th. This could be the best Mother’s day ever!

All of the measurements for the NT scan were right where they should be.

So, this baby moved everywhere. The last baby barely moved during the scan. The heart rate was at 158 and 176, which is within the normal range that the tech wants to see. The last baby was at 186 – too high. This baby is measuring 13 weeks, 1 day. The last one measured 12 weeks 6 days at my 14 week appointment.

Could this really happen?


8 comments:

Laura said...

Yay! I'm so glad that everything went well! I will continue to pray for you and for this baby! What an amazing blessing to look forward to Mother's Day!

Ms. J said...

Mazel Tov!

Such wonderful, amazing news :o)

I am so happy for you, and thankful for the kindness of the tech who you were being cared for by!

Wendy said...

What an amazing pic -- your baby is growing so great and right on sched! So happy for you this IS really happening - how exciting that baby is due around Mother's Day!

Kailyn's Mommy said...

Sooooooooo happy everything looked great!! Our due date's aren't very far apart. Our baby was also all over the place at our appointment. It's so amazing!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

What a beautiful, beautiful little baby. I'm so glad that things went well, and continue to pray that they keep doing so!

Dawn said...

Sooooo happy things went well. The picture is great!! What a fantastic Mother's Day you are going to have!

Alyssa said...

So exciting!

We made it through another week!!

LuckyOnce said...

Everything sounds really, really good... I think it's time to let yourself have hope that this one is the one!!