I heard a Journey song on the way to the doctor's office. On my way to the first appointment, I heard "Don't Stop Believing!" and I knew it would be an anthem for this pregnancy. I was thinking as I drove today... I'd really like to hear some Journey and then it was the next song.
We were in the office for about an hour before we went back to a room. The nurse kept coming out and telling me she didn't forget! That was nice.
M saw a guy he knew from elementary school leaving with his wife. They shook hands and congratulated each other.
Then we went into the room. It's weird waiting in a setting like that. M and I were kind of looking at each other. We talked a little about being nervous. Then we stared some more. It is nice to be able to keep my pants on now. I don't get nearly as sweaty when I'm fully clothed.
The doctor came in and went for a listen right away. And then we waited and she searched. And searched. She started feeling around looking for my uterus. Then she searched some more. I closed my eyes and just prayed. That's when she said, "I can hear something moving in there," but that didn't help much. Nervousness = Gas for me. I was sure she was just hearing my intestines. Then it was there. Not very loud, but totally not timed with my pounding heart.
160 beats per minute. A heartbeat heard on a doppler. I felt my own heart relax.
I asked her about the due dates since the NT scan put me 8 days ahead. She talked about different machines and different times and whatever. Then she said that since I've been consistently ahead, she's going to split the difference. My new official due date is May 12th. That puts me at 14 weeks and 1 day. Wow.
Officially, officially out of the first trimester. With a live baby.
Tomorrow is still going to be tough, but I can hold this new hope in my heart and I can get through it. Especially with the support I have here. Thank you.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
WHOOOOOO!!! I am just about to leave work and I thought I would check to see if you had updated on your scan -- I'm so happy for you that you heard baby's heartbeat - and a nice strong one at that!
That Journey song has gotten me through my most recent loss and if you ever need to hear it asap -just click here:
http://wanttobebabymama.blogspot.com/2009/10/dont-stop-believing.html
I'm sure you will sleep soundly tonight - it's time to start really enjoying this preganancy sister!
I just started laughing and crying - I'm so happy for you, Cheryl. So very many congrats. You deserve this happiness - and it sounds like all is going so very well. Treat yourself to a nice dinner or something tonight - you've earned it!
I am just so happy for you!
Yay to a successful visit. I can't tell you how happy I am for you! It is so nice to be able to share in your joy. Thank you for sharing.
Yay!!! Go baby, go!
Woot woot! I love it that you heard Journey on the way there, that's awesome! I can imagine your terror as the OB was poking around for a heartbeat - don't you think they could just do u/s for us IF gals, I mean come on!!
Either way, I am SOOOO thrilled that you are past this huge hurdle. Keep the good news coming!
Congrats! So happy to hear your wonderful news!
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy everything is going good with this pregnancy for you. Welcome to the 2nd trimester.
I am hoping any day now I will start to feel baby kick and then it will get easier to just relax!
I'm so excited for you! Yay! God bless!
Glad you are able to associate some better feelings with this stage of pregnancy and I so realize that it doesn't undo the other memories.
I recently experienced the same messed up timing with this pregnancy coinciding with the loss of the last and hitting our due date. It sucks and I feel your pain.
LFCA
Jumping for joy!! I knew it!!
You should try adopting my new mantra, that I say at least 10 times a day: "THIS baby will make it!"
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment