I have a few things I want to talk about today. Reactions, Belly Rings and Pants.
1. Reactions: Telling people you are pregnant (again) is a totally different experience. Some people barely even register. “Oh, ok” and they go on with whatever. You’d think I told them this same thing 6 months ago. Some people are SO happy for us. Our neighbors actually clapped and cheered! Most people are kind of in between – they’re happy to hear the news, just a little more reserved than before. I understand that one the most. I’m kind of reserved about it, too.
One of my coworkers told me I shouldn’t move around as much and not wear tight clothes. I’m pretty sure my baby didn’t die because of the pants I was wearing. That kind of hurt.
2. Belly Rings: We took out my belly button ring on Friday night. I feel naked. I got that ring my junior year of college in August 1999. One of the first people I showed was my friend across the hall. I had no clue that 10 years later he’d be the one taking it out because we’re expecting a baby! But now my stomach looks so boring and sad. M told me I look like a Cyclops. I’m glad we didn’t wait longer – M had a hard time prying that thing apart and I couldn’t stop laughing. I’m not going to put it back in or try to keep it from closing up. I’ll be 30 in a month. I don’t need a belly button ring anymore.
3. Pants: I’m wearing maternity pants and I LOVE them.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
People have been saying the weirdest crap to me after finding out I'm pregnant. Gotta love the unsolicited and abnomal advice.
I can't part with my belly ring yet. It's currently stuck crooked since my belly started growing, but I just can't do it. It brings back memories!! Haha
I just bought my first maternity pants and shirts this weekend!! Haven't worn them yet but they are sooooo comfy!!
As for my belly ring I'm not sure yet if I can part with it. My friend sent me this website that actually sells special belly rings for preggos! lol
Everyone tells me it's gonna look gross, though. :-{
I kept wearing my maternity pants for a month after I had Maddie - they are so perfect for a tender, enlarged tummy. I have a few pairs that are full-panel, and then a few that are just a smaller panel. Make sure to try all kinds on!
what a nasty comment about the pants! some people...
I loved my maternity clothes too. So comfy!!
Post a Comment